"It’s one of the best places I’ve ever worked."
Director of Design
At ZEAL, we build innovative products and solutions across teams and industries. The problems we solve are interesting, dynamic, and varied. You'll work alongside design, consultancy, and leadership teams that are nimble, collaborative, fun, and made up of great people.
Connection and culture are everything at ZEAL and we are committed to inclusion, diversity and belonging in measurable impactful ways. Learn more about our approach to our work and our team, here.
In This Role, You Will:
- Craft amazing web and mobile products, experiences, and solutions
- Play an influential role in building end-to-end solutions with the ZEAL team and our clients
- Work with incredible designers and technologists to solve complex and interesting problems
- Make a direct impact on the ZEAL company and our vision
In This Role, You Will Never:
- Work more than 40 hours in a week - ever
- Be tethered to slack or be expected to reply to messages outside of work hours
- Be responsible for “finding work” or sales - we have people for that!
- An understanding of modern web and mobile application best practices with a desire to delight your users
- At least 2 years of professional experience using one or more backends based on Ruby on Rails (preferred) or Node
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- A strong desire to share what you know and help others get better at your craft
- Experience working closely with other developers, particularly through pair programming
- Experience writing tests for your code, unit, functional, integration, etc.
- Knowledge of document databases
- Experience with GraphQL
- Elixir capability
- Comfort with pair-programming
- Dev-Ops or experience with cloud platforms
- UI/UX design experience
- Blockchain, Web3, VR, AR interests
- Comfort with Test-Driven Development
- Human, dog, and remote-friendly culture
- An experienced team and leadership invested in your career and growth
- Flexible PTO
- Ability to develop your side hustle into direct impact (podcasts, streams, youtube, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k, Maternity & Parental Leave
- Contribution and discounts for wellness-related activities, learning programs, trainings, and more.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process is entirely remote, simple, and transparent.
- Upon applying, we will review your application for basic requirements (which are also listed on the application). This usually happens within a 1-2 day timeframe.
- We'll schedule a short initial interview. By the end of this interview, you’ll know about all of our benefits, how we work, and how much we pay.
- We'll then pair you with team members for short live coding exercises. These are back-to-back sessions with 2 different engineers, typically. It’s not a quiz or a test of your knowledge of algorithms and data structures. There is also no homework or free consulting that can be asked for in interviews. We simply want you to see what it would be like to work with us, and us with you!
- Finally, at this stage, we'll review feedback, check references, and extend an offer, if all looks good!
If you're interested in the role, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We may have opportunities in our software residency program. Thank you for your consideration and we'd love to chat and learn more about you!
***** We apologize in advance that we are not able to accept international candidates for this opening at this time. You must be located in the United States of America.***